When we create your Invisalign clear aligners, each set of two will be personalized and specially shaped just for your teeth. Your Invisalign doctor will ensure they are comfortable and are working right to move your teeth efficiently.
How does Invisalign work? Each set of Invisalign aligners is shaped to apply precise pressures to your teeth. These forces gently but quickly move your teeth to the ideal positions that your dentist has planned with advanced computer graphics.
Your first Invisalign trays will start your teeth moving. Your next set will be shaped slightly differently and move them a little more—and so on. Each set gets you closer to a straight, beautiful smile. And Invisalign clear teeth aligners can:
- Rotate an individual tooth.
- Move all teeth to new positions with a beautiful smile.
- Realign your bite to make your top and bottom teeth meet in a healthier way, relieving pressure on your jaw and protecting teeth from wear.
- Close gaps between teeth.
And what do you need to do to achieve these results? You’ll wear your invisible braces most of the time, just taking them out at meal times and when brushing your teeth. You’ll also get several sets of aligners each time you visit the dentist’s office and a schedule to switch to the next set at home—about every two weeks.
Does Invisalign® Use Orthodontic Techniques?
Does your Invisalign dentist use orthodontic principles? Does Invisalign work as well as metal braces? Is it safe? These are all fair questions when you are learning about Invisalign, so we’ll try to answer as many as possible. Feel free to ask us any more questions we don’t cover when you come into our dentist’s office.
With Invisalign clear braces, you don’t need to worry because these are used by professional orthodontists every day! That’s because:
- The Invisalign system pulls from its own database of around 6 million smiles while we’re planning your better smile.
- It is based on 20+ years of orthodontic research.
- It is connected to 900+ patents.
- A full treatment can be completed in as little as six months.
- It takes precise impressions of teeth using touchless visual scanners.
- The company creates Invisalign braces using the world’s largest 3D printing network.
By switching between aligners with different shapes, the Invisalign process moves teeth more efficiently than traditional wires-and-brackets braces can. That means you can have straighter teeth faster than ever.
What Does A Full Invisalign® Treatment Involve?
You’ll start with a free consultation with your family dentist. If you are an ideal candidate for Invisalign, we’ll then take you through further steps. Here’s the general outline of your treatment plan:
- Invisalign® Consultation: Tell your goals and needs to Dr. Baratta, who is a sympathetic listener (since he has had dental anxiety before). He’ll give you feedback and help you set your expectations.
- Exam: The team will assess your teeth and gums to be sure they’re healthy enough for tooth movements—and catch any problems that would interfere with orthodontics. If you need general dentistry, this is the time for a dental cleaning or other dental services.
- Dental X-Rays: Internal scans of your teeth and jaws are very important in planning how your teeth will move efficiently to better positions.
- Visual Impressions: We use state-of-the-art tools to take visual impressions and scans of your teeth, which are fed into a computer (avoiding messy physical impressions).
- 3D Design: Your scans are turned into 3D models within the computer. We will look at a simulated plan for your tooth movements. You can even see a projection of your final smile!
- Aligner Printing: Your plan is turned into 3D models of clear braces that will apply the right forces to achieve the results. The design for your entire series of aligners is sent to Invisalign to fabricate.
- Initial Aligner Placement (Local Dentist Office): When your aligners are ready, you’ll visit our dentist office in Sugar Land, TX and the dentist will show you how to place them. We’ll make sure they fit right and are comfortable.
- Wearing Aligners: Just wear your aligners consistently, taking them out for eating and cleaning.
- Switching Aligner Sets (at Home): We’ll give you a schedule to switch to the next set of aligners on your own (usually every two weeks). You can even get reminders on the Invisalign app.
- Periodic Checkups: We’ll check your progress about every six weeks to make sure your teeth are moving right. It’s also possible to show your teeth to the doctor remotely using the Invisalign app.
Many of our patients are satisfied with this process because they start seeing quick results. Plus, other people hardly notice that you’re getting aesthetic dentistry until they see the surprising results.
Schedule A Free Invisalign® Consultation
Before you can start Invisalign treatment, we need to find out if your teeth are ready for it. That’s why we offer a free Invisalign consultation so there’s no risk to you. Contact Aliana Family Dental today, and ask for a free appointment at the dental clinic.