All of us would love to have straight teeth and a winning smile. As soon as we reach our teen years, it’s common for us to start thinking about cosmetic dentistry. We want to be proud of what we see in the mirror and be able to show a great smile to others.
At Aliana Family Dental clinic, you can talk to your Invisalign dentist, Dr. Baratta, about the fastest, most effective way of straightening your teeth. We can find out if the Invisalign clear braces system is the right option for you in a free Invisalign consultation.
Would you be excited to improve your smile and enjoy a healthier bite without using metal braces? Would metal braces interfere with your life?
We’re very understanding about dental anxiety and sensitivity. We don’t like tooth discomfort either, so let’s discuss clear aligners and how they can straighten your teeth faster and more comfortably.
What Is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system uses a series of removable clear aligners to straighten teeth without using any metal or wires actually attached to your teeth. Each aligner slips comfortably onto your teeth and applies gentle pressure to keep them moving in the right direction. The system also includes:
- State-of-the-art visual scanning that records tooth positions without messy impression material.
- Software that creates 3D models of teeth and helps us plan precise tooth movements.
- Customized Invisalign trays that each move teeth a little more.
- A detailed, personalized plan to switch to the next set of clear teeth aligners every two weeks.
- Checkups with your Invisalign doctor to track and improve your progress.
- Keeping your invisible braces in for a certain number of hours—and popping them out before each meal.
When you start the treatment, Dr. Baratta can send you home with a certain number of your aligners and a plan for switching between them. You’ll be able to make progress on several sets of aligners before you need to visit the local dentist office in Sugar Land again. We may also be able to examine your teeth over the internet.
Clear Braces vs. Metal Braces: Which System Is Better?
Metal braces are perfect for some patients, but you might be a candidate for Invisalign braces, instead. And avoiding metal can make you more comfortable and less self-conscious—even while Invisalign aligners efficiently straighten your teeth and improve your dental health.
The Invisalign system also gives you these advantages:
- Almost Invisible: It’s a lot harder to see clear aligners than it is to see gleaming metal braces with bulky brackets that push lips forward. Invisalign is perfect for busy adults and teens who have work or school.
- No Dangerous Metal: Metal braces have caused cuts on patients’ lips, gums, and tongues—which Invisalign will never cause.
- Better Comfort: Metal braces can cause a sharp pain each time they are tightened, whereas Invisalign’s revolutionary system gradually moves teeth without sudden tightening.
- No Food Restrictions: You can eat what you like with Invisalign aligners! You will take aligners out during meals, so you don’t have to avoid certain foods you would avoid with metal braces.
- High-Speed Straightening: The average treatment time with Invisalign clear aligners is much faster than traditional braces, with an average of 9–18 months. You can even finish treatment in as little as six months, in some cases!
- Simple Cleaning: You don’t have to try to brush and floss around metal wires and brackets. You’ll just pop your aligners out and brush and floss as usual. There will never be any food on your aligners, because you also take them out to eat.
We’re excited to offer Invisalign clear braces at our dentist office because straighter teeth can give you higher confidence in every interaction in your everyday life—classes, presentations, dates, special occasions, and more. People will hardly notice your Invisalign trays. But maybe they’ll notice when your teeth are straighter.
What Issues Do Invisalign Aligners Correct?
Invisalign can help you in the following ways:
- Straightening crooked teeth.
- Aligning your upper and lower teeth with each other.
- Closing up gaps between teeth.
- Creating space between crowded teeth.
- Correcting an overbite, underbite, or crossbite.
- Fixing traumatic bite.
You might even have pain in your teeth, jaw joints, gums, or lips because your teeth are misaligned or your bite is straining your jaw joints. A corrected bite and straighter teeth can relieve other pains and problems like these.
Get an Invisalign Consultation With Dr. Baratta
Are you a busy adult? Do you have a young person who could use Invisalign teen treatment? You might have a major social event coming up in 6–18 months to get ready for, or you might be shooting for a promotion. Whatever your needs, we can help at your family dental practice. Call Aliana Family Dental for a free consultation, faster orthodontics, and advanced dental care.